One of my absolute favorites! Hope it becomes yours too as the possibilities are endless, enjoy!
1 Cup of Raw* Almonds
4 Cups of Water
To Sweeten: Grade B Maple Syrup or Honey (optional)
To Enhance Flavor: Pinch of Sea Salt
1. Soak 1 cup of raw almonds in water overnight (at least 8 hours) at room temperature. Use about twice as much water as there is almond.
2. Discard the soaking fluid (don’t throw it out just yet as you can use the pulp to put in your recipes for breads, cookies, etc.) and rinse the almonds thoroughly.
3. Add almonds to blender along with water, about 4 cups and let the blending begin! Rule of thumb: The less water you use, the less milk you get – which makes it “creamier and yummier” too!
4. Keep blending… Use varying power/speeds or pulsing action if necessary to achieve good blending. If you’ve got a power packer of a blender you’ll notice the smoothness of the milk even more.
5. Strain the fluid into an appropriate container such as a glass jar, trying to get out as much of the liquid as possible. A cheesecloth or sieve would be your better choices.
6. Refrigerate for 3-4 days and enjoy! (You can add a pinch of sea salt and/or grade B maple syrup or honey if you want to sweeten it)
Side note:This milk is packed with calcium, vitamin E and fiber!
Did You Know:
Almonds are much more digestible if they are soaked first?
* Click here for more information on raw almonds.